Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bring on 2014

I'm not sure I've ever been so happy to bring in a new year.  This past year has been exhausting in every way.  Although it was full of many amazing things, it was an incredibly difficult and emotional year.

2013 started in the worst possible way for me.  I got a horrifying phone call telling me I needed to fly home as soon as possible because my Dad was not doing well.  I remember trying to listen to every word through booms of fireworks outside my window as everyone else was celebrating the new year.  I was pregnant with Baby C, sick as a dog with what I'm certain was whooping cough, and my mom was only a few days into a two week surprise visit here.  It's a memory that I don't want, yet can't seem to let go.  Losing my Dad left me heartbroken.

Life doesn't stop though, that's something I couldn't ignore.  If I could push that memory aside, underneath was a very busy life.  We adopted our loyal war hero, Lando. That was easily one of the best decisions we have ever made.  He fit into our family perfectly in every way.  Baby C was born and made our lives richer than we ever knew possible. We traveled...a lot.  Being pregnant or having a newborn never slowed us down.



Big R worked like a dog completing 12 courts-martial, but he's now finally back on the government side of cases.  Let's just say his job remains pure madness, however, his stress levels are more in check and he's finally sleeping better at night.  I somehow thought that my life didn't have enough mayhem and decided to go back to school.  I'm still trying to figure out what I was thinking.  In a way I can't explain, I actually love it even if I feel like I'm completely insane 90 percent of the time.

We had a move that was much more complicated than it ever needed to be.  Despite the chaos, we ended up in a pretty awesome neighborhood in the cutest German town you ever saw.  Our door-to-door move turned into a no-show moving truck that finally arrived 2 weeks later.  Water damage moved us out of the bottom floor of our house for almost 2 months while we enjoyed having jet engines going nonstop 24/7.  And don't even get me started about the potty training...

Yes, I guess you could say we are all very ready to welcome a new year in our house.  For 2014 I do not have any resolutions.  What I have instead are goals.  The number one goal being to keep my sanity and to help Big R keep his.  We return stateside this summer, and we have a schedule full of travel to see as much as Europe as possible before we have to leave. I am so excited about all the things we have planned I can hardly sit still.  The thought of a PCS across the ocean definitely gives me a headache, but we'll manage because we always find a way.  But mostly I'm hoping to be a good mom to my boys, foster my marriage, and stay on top of the day-to-day chaos that always finds its way into our lives meanwhile dedicating myself to school.  It can be done, I am convinced of it.
 
2014, I am so happy to see you.  This is going to be a fantastic year, I can feel it. 
xoxo  



No comments:

Post a Comment